- Faithful to the Scriptures,
- True to the Reformed Faith, and
- Obedient to the Great Commission
The Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) is an Evangelical and Reformed Presbyterian denomination. Our denomination’s constitution consists of the Book of Church Order of the Presbyterian Church in America, the Westminster Confession of Faith, and the Westminster Larger and Shorter Catechisms.
By Evangelical, we mean that we emphasize the gospel (good news of salvation) through faith in Jesus Christ, as well as affirming other orthodox Christian doctrines and holding to the inerrancy of Scripture.
By Reformed, we mean that we are connected to the teachings of the historic church and doctrinal beliefs recovered by the Reformation. These doctrinal beliefs are expressed in the Westminster Confession of Faith with the Larger and Shorter Catechisms. All officers of the Presbyterian Church in America must personally subscribe to and uphold the teachings of the Westminster Confession of Faith.
By Presbyterian we describe our representative form of church government. Local churches are governed by a “Session” of “presbyters” (elders), elected by the members of the congregation. Representatives of local churches within a geographical area compose a “presbytery.” Grace Presbyterian Church is a member of Piedmont Triad Presbytery.
Representatives of presbyteries meet annually at “General Assembly.” Thus, through the combined efforts and resources of all of the churches, we are enabled to advance God’s Kingdom much more effectively. The Committees and Agencies of the PCA help lead the Kingdom work.
Learn more at pcanet.org, the website of The Presbyterian Church in America (PCA).
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.